Amir Khusro : Ab’ul Hasan Yāmīn al-Dīn Khusro (1253-1325 CE), better known as Amir Khusro Dehlavi or Amir Khusraw Balkhi in Afghanistan and Iran (in Persian ), is one of the iconic figures in the cultural history of the Indian subcontinent. A Sufi mystic and a spiritual disciple of Nizamuddin Auliya of Delhi, Amir Khusro (or Khusrau or Khusraw) was not only one of India’s greatest poets, he is also credited with being the founder of both Hindustani classical music and Qawwali (the devotional music of the Sufis). He was born of a Turkish father, Saif Ad-din, and an Indian mother, in India. (from the Aulia e Hind website)Continue reading
More to come, please come back again!
Join 510 other subscribers
- 18th Shawwal Urs Amir Khusro,New Delhi, 1325CE May 9, 2023
- Ramadan 1444 Journey in Love April 21, 2023
- Eid Mubarak! April 21, 2023
- Laylatul Qadr Ramadan 1444 April 13, 2023
- Get ready for the last ten days of Ramadan – Freedom April 11, 2023