Wishing all blessings on this most holy day of atonement. The ten days of awe in the Jewish tradition are a parallel with the first ten days of Muharram in Islam which also culminate on the tenth day, Ashura. Fasting on both Yom Kippur and Ashura is recommended. I celebrate the commonalities of our two great faiths! Shalom, Salaam.
More to come, please come back again!
Join 510 other subscribers
- 18th Shawwal Urs Amir Khusro,New Delhi, 1325CE May 9, 2023
- Ramadan 1444 Journey in Love April 21, 2023
- Eid Mubarak! April 21, 2023
- Laylatul Qadr Ramadan 1444 April 13, 2023
- Get ready for the last ten days of Ramadan – Freedom April 11, 2023