Wishing all blessings on this most holy day of atonement. The ten days of awe in the Jewish tradition are a parallel with the first ten days of Muharram in Islam which also culminate on the tenth day, Ashura. Fasting on both Yom Kippur and Ashura is recommended. I celebrate the commonalities of our two great faiths! Shalom, Salaam.
More to come, please come back again!
Join 503 other followers
- 21 Safar Urs of Pir SM Rasheed-ul-Hasan Jeeli-ul-Kaleemi (ra), Hyderabad, India, 1435AH/2013CE September 18, 2022
- 1 Muharram 1444 – Kul Am Wa Antum Bikhayr – Hijri New Year July 28, 2022
- Ramadhan 1443 Journey in Love May 1, 2022
- Get ready for the last ten days of Ramadan – Freedom April 21, 2022
- 14th Ramadan Urs Bayazid Bastami, 874CE, Bastam, Iran April 15, 2022