Joe Miller (1904 — 1992) was an American mystic best known for his Thursday Morning Walks in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park with his wife Guin during the 1970s and 1980s. Joe was widely respected for his spiritual clarity and Dr. Evans-Wentz, the original translator of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and other sacred Mahayana texts, considered Joe Miller “the only man he had met in the West who understood the Doctrine of the Clear Light.” Joe was a close friend of Samuel L. Lewis who upon his deathbed asked Joe to “Take care of my disciples.” Joe provided spiritual guidance to Sam’s disciples, and many others, until his death in 1992.
More to come, please come back again!
Join 504 other subscribers
- Preparing for Ramadan – Rajab I January 22, 2023
- 15th January (CE Calendar) Urs of Murshid Samuel Lewis, Lama Foundation, New Mexico, USA 1971CE January 16, 2023
- Blessings to all on Christmas 2022CE December 25, 2022
- India’s Muslim, multi-faith past in focus through one woman’s quest to combat ‘altered history’ | South China Morning Post December 24, 2022
- 29 Jumada al Awwal Urs Farid Uddin Attar (ra) – Nishapur December 24, 2022