Bahraich is very famous because of the Dargah of Hazrat Ghazi Saiyyad Salar Masud, a famous eleventh century Islamic saint and soldier. His Dargah is a place for reverence for Muslims and Hindus alike. It was built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq. It is believed that people taking bath in the water of this Dargah become free of all skin diseases. The annual festival (Urs) at the Dargah is attended by thousands of people coming from far-off places of the country.
More to come, please come back again!
Join 504 other subscribers
- 5th February (CE Calendar) Urs Of Inayat Khan, 1926CE, Nizamuddin Basti, Delhi February 2, 2023
- Preparing for Ramadan – Rajab I January 22, 2023
- 15th January (CE Calendar) Urs of Murshid Samuel Lewis, Lama Foundation, New Mexico, USA 1971CE January 16, 2023
- Blessings to all on Christmas 2022CE December 25, 2022
- India’s Muslim, multi-faith past in focus through one woman’s quest to combat ‘altered history’ | South China Morning Post December 24, 2022