Bahraich is very famous because of the Dargah of Hazrat Ghazi Saiyyad Salar Masud, a famous eleventh century Islamic saint and soldier. His Dargah is a place for reverence for Muslims and Hindus alike. It was built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq. It is believed that people taking bath in the water of this Dargah become free of all skin diseases. The annual festival (Urs) at the Dargah is attended by thousands of people coming from far-off places of the country.
More to come, please come back again!
Join 503 other followers
- 21 Safar Urs of Pir SM Rasheed-ul-Hasan Jeeli-ul-Kaleemi (ra), Hyderabad, India, 1435AH/2013CE September 18, 2022
- 1 Muharram 1444 – Kul Am Wa Antum Bikhayr – Hijri New Year July 28, 2022
- Ramadhan 1443 Journey in Love May 1, 2022
- Get ready for the last ten days of Ramadan – Freedom April 21, 2022
- 14th Ramadan Urs Bayazid Bastami, 874CE, Bastam, Iran April 15, 2022