Bahraich is very famous because of the Dargah of Hazrat Ghazi Saiyyad Salar Masud, a famous eleventh century Islamic saint and soldier. His Dargah is a place for reverence for Muslims and Hindus alike. It was built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq. It is believed that people taking bath in the water of this Dargah become free of all skin diseases. The annual festival (Urs) at the Dargah is attended by thousands of people coming from far-off places of the country.
More to come, please come back again!
Join 509 other subscribers
- 18th Shawwal Urs Amir Khusro,New Delhi, 1325CE May 9, 2023
- Ramadan 1444 Journey in Love April 21, 2023
- Eid Mubarak! April 21, 2023
- Laylatul Qadr Ramadan 1444 April 13, 2023
- Get ready for the last ten days of Ramadan – Freedom April 11, 2023