From childhood, Ibrahim Abdul-Matin was taught that “the Earth is a Mosque,” leading him to his belief that the planet is a sacred place where prayer and worship happen and therefore, we are responsible for protecting every aspect of it. You are invited to an interactive evening with the author of “Green Deen: What Islam Teaches About Protecting the Planet,” Ibrahim Abdul-Matin. The evening will include his story of becoming an environmental justice activist and organizer, discussion of Islamic scriptural passages that describe a faith-based mandate to protect the planet, role plays and story telling on how faith relates to waste, water, watts (energy), and food. Read more at the link below:
More to come, please come back again!
Join 504 other subscribers
- 5th February (CE Calendar) Urs Of Inayat Khan, 1926CE, Nizamuddin Basti, Delhi February 2, 2023
- Preparing for Ramadan – Rajab I January 22, 2023
- 15th January (CE Calendar) Urs of Murshid Samuel Lewis, Lama Foundation, New Mexico, USA 1971CE January 16, 2023
- Blessings to all on Christmas 2022CE December 25, 2022
- India’s Muslim, multi-faith past in focus through one woman’s quest to combat ‘altered history’ | South China Morning Post December 24, 2022