Lailat-ul-Bara’at or Shab e Barat (as it is known in the Indian Sub-continent) is the night of the full moon of the Islamic month of Sha’ban. Some scholars equate this night with Lailat Mubaraka (night of blessing) which is mentioned in the Qur’an. This is considered a very auspicious night for prayer and asking of forgiveness from Allah (swt). In English it can also be translated as night of emancipation, night of forgiveness or night of freedom or night of deliverance. It is also a preparation for the fasting and prayers during the holy month of Ramadhan. It is the special night of seeking forgiveness and repenting to God (tauba), remembering past sins and sincerely settling the mind that one will never commit sins in the future.Continue reading
More to come, please come back again!
- Ramadhan 1443 Journey in Love May 1, 2022
- Get ready for the last ten days of Ramadan – Freedom April 21, 2022
- 14th Ramadan Urs Bayazid Bastami, 874CE, Bastam, Iran April 15, 2022
- 10th Ramadan Urs Bibi Khadija, Mecca 619CE April 12, 2022
- Ramadan and Forgiveness – the middle ten days April 10, 2022